Workshop: the chin- and shoulder rest set-up
A course in which you will learn to see the influence of our mind/body use and the position/ height/ shape of your chin- and shoulder rest on your right/ left hand technique and freedom of playing.
Location: Jan Olphert Vaillantlaan 45, Amsterdam: 12 min. by tram from Central Station
Teacher: Maaike Aarts
Costs: 175 euro incl. VAT for five workshops 1,5 hour each
Dates: five weeks in a row, precise dates to be decided amongst participants
Maximum group size: six people
1. The influence of the use of our ‘head-neck-back’
2. The influence of the use of our eyes; all inclusive awareness
3. The influence of the chin rest on bowing and left hand technique
4. The influence of the shoulder rest, or the collar bone rest
5. Playing without a shoulder rest, and/or chin rest
We will be working with our instruments every workshop so bring them each time.
Of course there is room for your own questions and interests, so feel free to share those with me in the first session.
Please contact me if you are interested or if you have any questions!