Welcome to my
Alexander Technique practice
in Amsterdam IJburg
Apart from teaching individual lessons, I also give workshops and organise retreats.
Would you like to take part in a workshop with other enthusiastic Alexander Technique students and go more deeply into a specific topic?
Or are you interested in a wonderfully relaxing Alexander Technique retreat?
Click here for the workshop page.
Why Alexander Technique?
Frequently mentioned benefits are:
- relief and prevention of neck-back-shoulder-pain, joint pain and RSI
- more inner calm, less stress
- release of unnecessary tension
- full, free effortless breathing
- efficient, easy, supple movement
- better learning and improved concentration
- self confidence, mental strength
- easily balanced, tense-free sitting and standing
The Alexander Technique will show you how to:
- change and prevent unhelpful habits
- expand your self-awareness
- respond more consciously to life’s stimuli
- re-coordinate unhelpful movement patterns
- improve performance in music, dance, drama, sport
- improve the use of your voice
- improve concentration, focus, mindset
- prevent injuries
- be more calm, balanced and energetic
- support yourself during pregnancy and childbirth
Do you want to know more about the Alexander Technique? Watch my video ‘What is Alexander Technique?’:
Pedro Raposo, double bass player academy Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
“Maaike is a wonderful teacher and an inspiring person! I have been attending her lessons for about 1 year and my general well being improved immensely since then. Thanks to her guidance I also feel closer to reach my full potential while learning and performing as double bass player.“